a one-girl exploration of what it means to be a sex-positive feminist. gender, sexuality, feminism, sluttiness, and post-modernism

Monday, October 09, 2006

Status Report - Status of Women Canada/Condition Feminine Canada

Status of Women Canada/Condition Feminine Canada, the federal agency responsible for funding women's groups in Canada, as well as conducting gender-based policy research, has just had its budget radically sliced up by the Conservative government. Its mandate has been altered so that it no longer includes the word "equality," and as recently as this week, groups who receive funding through Status of Women Canada/Condition Feminine Canada are now no longer able to use those funds to do government lobbying.

But guess what Stephen Harper, the feminists are coming, and they're pissed off.

If you'd like to learn more, or to get involved, please leave me a comment with an email address, or you can check out the fledgeling site: http://www.statusreport.ca

2 Comments:

Blogger Skanky Jane said...

1. I can vote
2. I can wear trousers in public
3. I can own my own sexuality and its expression
4. I can really love women
5. I can raise my own kids without a husband and give them my own last name without them being called bastards

Glad to find your blog

SJ xx

12:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooohh...I as a man, should be scarrreedd. The feminist are mad...oohaaauuuuaoooh.

9:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home