a one-girl exploration of what it means to be a sex-positive feminist. gender, sexuality, feminism, sluttiness, and post-modernism

Thursday, March 23, 2006

On Abortion

Well, here's the best piece of news I've heard in a long time:
http://www.indianz.com/News/2006/013061.asp

So that you don't have to read the link if you don't want to, the story is thus:
1 - North Dakota bans abortion
2 - South Dakota plans to ban abortion
3 - Cecilia Fire Thunder, President of the Oglala Sioux Tribe lets it be known that if South Dakota does ban abortion, she will set up a Planned Parenthood chapter on the Pine Ridge Reservation.

This is awesome, and totally the right kind of activism, of the make you stand up and cheer kind. A lot like Molly Saves The Day's DIY Abortion guide. I've been asked before how I can support abotion. I figure if you're reading this I probably don't need to explain it to you, but I'll say this. No, I wish there didn't have to be abortions, they're fairly traumatising ordeals if mostly because of the guilt piled on by crazy "Christians," but the right to a safe abortion is something I hold sacred in a list of fundamental women's rights.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amber Rhea said...

Actually, S. Dakota has already banned abortion. I don't know about N. Dakota, but they may be planning to do so, as are Mississippi and (so I've heard) Missouri.

9:46 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home